FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fiolop
Oh...that's weird,i gave it the temp and humidity,maybe i didn't give enough,well i guess i will try again someday,but for now i'll focus on easier and more suited species for my temps,I'm thinking of tenuis,it prefers warmer temps than jamban from what found through a website,what do you think?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
By tanqueray
Fiolop, looking back through this thread you seem to have moved it around a lot - I see it next to a laptop, in a tent, in a bag... you really need to put it somewhere with the right conditions and leave it there. Otherwise it’ll constantly be trying to acclimate and will never really get going.
It may be worth sticking to Lowe’s type plants until you get a greenhouse setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Fiolop
I have moved around quite a bit in the first 2 days,however then i put it in my room and when i moved then they were very minor movements with little to no condition changes to save up space

By tanqueray
Fiolop wrote:I have moved around quite a bit in the first 2 days,however then i put it in my room and when i moved then they were very minor movements with little to no condition changes to save up space

Ok. Nepenthes can be fickle plants, and ideally are suited to greenhouses. While you might be able to replicate approximate temperatures in your room, humidity will likely be too low. If you don’t have a greenhouse, your best bet would be to stick with hardy hybrids like x Ventrata, x Bill Bailey etc.
And make sure you aren’t using tap water.
By Fiolop
I use rain water that we collect and occasionally water from a river nearby when it doesn't rain and to ensure humidity i mist the plants 2 times a week

By Rayne
Fiolop wrote:I use rain water that we collect and occasionally water from a river nearby when it doesn't rain and to ensure humidity i mist the plants 2 times a week

i would suggest doing that once a day. It needs high humidity at all times pretty much and cool temps with high humidity is mandatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Fiolop
Well,the jamban doesnt look like it's going to make it,but this experience taught me a few things
1.buy plants you know are going to be what they are advertised as (the one i received was much smaller as the specimen advertised which looked like it was about to start vining)
2.don't try to do your dreams first,do it step by step
3.get things that are within your conditions
4.don't buy very small specimens with unreliable shipping
5. Get a greenhouse
6.ebay has way too many scammers

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!