FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fieldofscreams
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote: Some people here are getting a little condescending. I can imagine it taking some time for some people to get a good feel for how certain plants function. And some things may seem harmful when they're completely fine. It shouldn't be mocked like "HAHAA get a LOAD of this duNCE :lol: :lol:".
I agree with you, just not in this case. This kid has many threads and he has been told numerous times that rain is not going to kill his plants by way of root rot. Now he is worried about lightning.

After awhile when you get bored of talking to a wall you end up throwing things at it. Same effect but more fun.
By red
Optique

My red dragon flytrap is making small traps, way below average size for a trap, after I came back from vacation (neighbor was taking care of my plants in my absence)

My typical flytrap and red dragon flytrap shed a ton of leaves, but they are being replaced by new growth, my typical is making average size to slightly below average size traps, my red dragon is dong the exact opposite, it’s traps are tiny but still functional, one of the small traps caught something and the teeth are bent outwards while being open (meaning that it recently finished a meal) the plant is red with a smidge of green along the center of the petiole leaf and on the outermost end of the traps, a forming traps is slightly deformed, having teeth halfway, according to this website it could be these things

1: it didn’t get a proper dormancy and is tiring

2: it is flowering

3: it just entered the growing season

But it can’t be 3 because its near the end of the growing season (August)

I pray to god it isn’t 1 because BlueRidgeExotics takes great care of their plants

I would be perfectly fine if it was 2 because flytrap flowers are pretty, but I don’t see a stalk, so it could be ready, but I’ll cut the stalk off the get large traps

So my problem is solved

But I’m not entirely sure, not one of my plants have flowered

(Because I’ve only had them for a few months)

Remember that this is my red dragon flytrap
By red
optique wrote:who knows just provide the the best conditions you can, and the plant will do the rest.

my addiction grows =(

I’m giving it the best conditions I can already, and everyone says I’m killing them

I’m just about to give up
By optique
if its out side in full sun you should be good. mine do sit in a trey of water but it has got up to 98f this week so they really need it and i can be lazy and not water everyday.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!