FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Ferin
Hey all! I'm looking for any advice you might have about some wee mites living inside of a new sarracenia that I just bought. They are so tiny and fast I haven't been able to get a picture yet, but I thought maybe someone would have experience with this already?

They are not spider mites, they're much larger and move quite fast (also no webbing). They're translucent/beige in colour and almost look more aphid-like, though they don't move like aphids at all. They live *inside* the pitchers and crawl around the lips, but I haven't seen any on the outside, in the soil, or elsewhere.

I got the plant three days ago and upon noticing the little sh*ts, immediately quarantined it in the washroom and gave it a good neem-ing. But since I'm not sure what they are, I'm starting to wonder if I need to be worried about them at all? Is it possible that they're beneficial to the plant somehow? Even if they are, should I be worried about them spreading to my other plant babes and getting out of control? Anyone know what I'm talking about and have any advice? I don't want to doom the new sarracenia by leaving it in the dark washroom forever, but I also don't want to introduce all of my other lovely plant babes to a plague of mites! :?
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!