FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Greenbastard
Hello people,

New to the carnivorous game here. My 3 yr old, daughter an I have 2 venus flytraps that seem to be doing very well, we also had purchased a carnivorous plant terrarium from Dunecraft. Unfortunately i cannot re purchase seeds so I was wondering if anyone had any leads on some pitcher plant seeds and sundew seeds.

Thanks,

V
By Cross
Greenbastard wrote:Hello people,

New to the carnivorous game here. My 3 yr old, daughter an I have 2 venus flytraps that seem to be doing very well, we also had purchased a carnivorous plant terrarium from Dunecraft. Unfortunately i cannot re purchase seeds so I was wondering if anyone had any leads on some pitcher plant seeds and sundew seeds.

Thanks,

V
Hello! You're not using a terrarium for the vft right? You can get sundew seeds here on the seed bank. They're free, just request and send in a sase. We work on an honor system here lol, pay it forward. There's all sorts of pitchers and dews on there. Of course keep an eye on the sale/trade board. Do your research on growing cps'. They're not the easiest. I surprisingly have better luck with t
Growing seeds in tissue culture vs. Dirt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cross liked this
By Greenbastard
Cross wrote:
Greenbastard wrote:Hello people,

Thanks,

V
Hello! You're not using a terrarium for the vft right? You can get sundew seeds here on the seed bank. They're free, just request and send in a sase. We work on an honor system here lol, pay it forward. There's all sorts of pitchers and dews on there. Of course keep an eye on the sale/trade board. Do your research on growing cps'. They're not the easiest. I surprisingly have better luck with t
Growing seeds in tissue culture vs. Dirt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The terrarium was a kit from dune craft with growing medium vft seeds, and a stratifying medium with sundews and pitchers in it. Apparently when things go well this terrarium can thrive unfortunately it is now and so far i think all i have is the most stunted lil charlie brown vft sprout ( 1 of 4) and possibly some dew sprouts too early to tell. The pitchers are non existant and honestly i think the moss is recovering and starting to green up lol so def wont be putting any new seeds i recieve into this situation but cant give up on the lil signs of life that are in there at the moment. Plus my daughter is so invested in the lil swamp garden im doin my damned-est to keep it going

Thanks for the information really appreciate it!
By Fieldofscreams
You got robbed. Those terrarium kits are more like marketing gimmicks than anything else. You are most likely seeing algae.

Buy your CPs already established. It's the best way to go for a new grower.
By Greenbastard
Fieldofscreams wrote:You got robbed. Those terrarium kits are more like marketing gimmicks than anything else. You are most likely seeing algae.

Buy your CPs already established. It's the best way to go for a new grower.
Ya well the vft is 2 small to get out of there so I'll just keep it going as long as i can n keep the 2 other healthy plants goin until its time to go dormant

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!