FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By DanyulMac
So i trimmed off the bad dead leaves before any mould or such comes along, have i done the right thing ? Cause it looks very sad at the moment! ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By DanyulMac
King Drosophyllum VI wrote:Removing dead parts of the plant is fine. What species is it? What conditions is it in?
its Napethes Hookeriana and its under artificial lighting with other plants Image

By King Drosophyllum VI
I don't have much experience with lowland Nepenthes so I had hoped that someone else would help. Your venus flytraps and sundews look happy but I have accidentaly killed some Nepenthes growing them in Venus flytrap conditions. N. × hookeriana is a lowland hybrid of N. rafflesiana and N. ampullaria so it should like conditions similar to them.
By javaliz59
The Lowland Neps are less hardy the Highland varieties. They seem to hate lower temps. I have mostly Highland and a few Lowland. I initially kept them together under T5 LED full spectrum lighting. While my Highland Neps thrived, it was clear that my Lowlands were not thrilled....too chilly. So I moved my Lowlands into a 10 gallon aquarium under the lights (instant terrarium). And guess what? They are thriving in there. Little warmer and more humidity (with plenty of light) seemed to do the trick. Soon I'll have to get a larger aquarium.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By DanyulMac
King Drosophyllum VI wrote:There is also a forum for Nepenthes specifically which you might want to use for any future posts about Nepenthes.
Oh really, thats great to know, thanks

By DanyulMac
Joshuamarshall792 wrote:And another thing put it in a tray of water with the water I told you to use and put it outside and keep it in partial light to get the plant used to outside and after 2 weeks put it outside and it doesn't even need to be a tray you can put it in a bowl, a container that is new or cleanImage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
i use rain water and i cant put it outside its too cold.

By DanyulMac
Joshuamarshall792 wrote:What state/country do you live in? Because if you live in a zone lower than 7 then that's too low and they won't do well there, this plants are tropical not cold Hardy plants I live in the Texas and they grow just fine here

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
im in the Uk Image

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!