FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Sexxypolarbear
Hey everybody, this is my first VFT, Charlotte. I've had her for about 2 months. She was looking great for that whole time until recently I noticed her getting some weird coloration. It's that reddish color she's getting around her stems that worries me. I hope you guys are able to help figure this out. Thanks!
Attachments:
20181212_115610.jpg
20181212_115610.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 1765 times
By Soy Sauce
The redness around the "mouths" or traps is normal but the redness on the stem could be the leaf dying. That is usually normal.
By Soy Sauce
SundewWolf wrote:Considering that big red patch on the leaf near the bottom of the pic I would say this plant just got a bit sunburned.

Wait, that's possible? How does that work? :| :|
By SundewWolf
Soy Sauce wrote:
SundewWolf wrote:Considering that big red patch on the leaf near the bottom of the pic I would say this plant just got a bit sunburned.

Wait, that's possible? How does that work? :| :|
When plants are not acclimated to new light conditions their leaves can burn. This of course doesn't mean the sun level is too strong, it's just when they sit in dark conditions like inside a store/house/or a shady area for an extended period of time their leaves adapt to the low light conditions and then burn once it's sunny again. Pretty much the same as if someone was sitting inside for months getting pale skin and then one day went to sit outside shirtless in the middle of summer.
Do Long Summer Days Affect CPs?

You don't need to worry about the hours of sunlig[…]

Honestly, I don't know. The leaves look like they […]

I must say, I'm especially curious about how we[…]

Boy this is hard work

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A[…]

Hi from FNQ.

G'day!

I’ll be honest, I’ll probably end up[…]

I get peat moss in the traps every time I repot in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!