FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Fieldofscreams
Both of those are FAR from evidence of anything.

Terrible experiments in every way possible. Don't they teach you kids how to conduct a proper experiment in elementary school? Or did they stop teaching that?
By Doublebass1985
I know there wasn't a conclusive experiment done, but there are some key factors that you can look at. In the thread that Ella posted a guy said he noticed that his plant started producing smaller traps after being overfed and that is the opposite of what these plants are genetically designed to do. These plants produce larger traps after being fed to help the plant get supplied with more nutrients from bigger insects (it makes sense right?) Since his plant resulted in the complete opposite of that it's fair to say each plant has its own individual nutrient limit. Probably depending on rhizome size, amount of light hitting plant (par), how long/thick the roots are, etc.. A plant is a plant and yes cp's are quite different then other plants when it comes down to it they are plants. Marijuana suffers from nutrient burn when large dosages are given to it aswell as your run of the mill flowers do too. It's highly probable this applies to every plant in existence. Now every plant will be affected differently on too much nutrients healthier plants will recover quicker and so on. Since a plant is a plant I believe too much nutrients does affect the growth slightly and yes there are so many factors at play here, but in the end of it over feeding should be avoided. Any arguments?
Last edited by Doublebass1985 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doublebass1985 liked this
By Cross
Doublebass1985 wrote:What happens when we humans over eat? We get fat as sh*t = unhealthy
Have you ever seen a 400lb person running a 100m race in the Olympics? That would make me LMFAO
I feel like I need a meme of a fat girl in a yellow jacket running through a field lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Fieldofscreams wrote: Don't they teach you kids how to conduct a proper experiment in elementary school? Or did they stop teaching that?
Grumpy-old-man-meme.jpg
Grumpy-old-man-meme.jpg (395.6 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
By Cross
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:
Fieldofscreams wrote: Don't they teach you kids how to conduct a proper experiment in elementary school? Or did they stop teaching that?
Grumpy-old-man-meme.jpg
ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Help! My VFT is dying

I meant bad not good

Red meat viability claims

Nah, that'll kill your plants. Politicians are ful[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

There are huge rain clouds Above my House, so im[…]

Water Quality

The ones that you are most interested in are the C[…]

One thing most people don't consider when discussi[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water strat[…]

Will capsaicin hurt my CPs?

I have sprinkled red pepper flakes over my bogs. T[…]

Andy, go to the Photone support page and scroll al[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!