FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Lucied
Hello, I want to ask about my Sarracenia Barba which is one of my first CP so it experienced some negligence.

First thing to note is I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. A tropical country without winter. I read that it should be stored in a cool place to induce dormancy. But in here all of the grower never induce dormancy n just keep them outside all the times. Same as VFT. A discussion in the local forum even mentioned that locally growed Sarra/VFT here (from seedlings or hardening) never need a dormancy & thats still unbelievable by foreigner when they bring the topics. So What do you guys think about this? Because now there is 4 Sarracenia plants in my house.

And for this Barba's problem
Its resume :

- Its arrived 3 months ago when Jakarta is under bizzare phenomenon that the temperature suddenly dropped cold during the night until morning. Maybe around 25C-28C/77F-83F
- The media is pure LFS with Perlite with water tray
- I put it in a bright place but not fullsun
- Due to my inexperience as CP grower, I give it foliar spray with weakened solution and some drops of Hydrogen Peroxide/H2O2 into the media
- After sometimes, the leaves started to brown from the tips around the hood and from its base near the rhizome
- Now its all brown n I removed all of the dead leaves
- I checked the roots multiple times during the process, 1month ago, the roots is still light brown and a greeny roots on the other end. Until now the roots still looks the same.

2months ago

Recently
ImageImage

Now im just putting it into my germination pot of Sarracenias under growlight

Is it dead or dormant? Thx!
By Lukebart02
Lucied wrote:Hello, I want to ask about my Sarracenia Barba which is one of my first CP so it experienced some negligence.

First thing to note is I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. A tropical country without winter. I read that it should be stored in a cool place to induce dormancy. But in here all of the grower never induce dormancy n just keep them outside all the times. Same as VFT. A discussion in the local forum even mentioned that locally growed Sarra/VFT here (from seedlings or hardening) never need a dormancy & thats still unbelievable by foreigner when they bring the topics. So What do you guys think about this? Because now there is 4 Sarracenia plants in my house.

And for this Barba's problem
Its resume :

- Its arrived 3 months ago when Jakarta is under bizzare phenomenon that the temperature suddenly dropped cold during the night until morning. Maybe around 25C-28C/77F-83F
- The media is pure LFS with Perlite with water tray
- I put it in a bright place but not fullsun
- Due to my inexperience as CP grower, I give it foliar spray with weakened solution and some drops of Hydrogen Peroxide/H2O2 into the media
- After sometimes, the leaves started to brown from the tips around the hood and from its base near the rhizome
- Now its all brown n I removed all of the dead leaves
- I checked the roots multiple times during the process, 1month ago, the roots is still light brown and a greeny roots on the other end. Until now the roots still looks the same.

2months ago

Recently
ImageImage

Now im just putting it into my germination pot of Sarracenias under growlight

Is it dead or dormant? Thx!
Sadly it’s most likely dead! There’s always next time

As long as you've used it I would imagine your wat[…]

is this normal for a d capensis?

While what is said above is true, I have a mini bo[…]

My newest addition I just ordered from Matt. T[…]

What recommendations do you have for types of li[…]

If you didn't get it sold to you as a B52 then it […]

So sorry for the delay, this completely slipped my[…]

Confirming they went in the mail yesterday. :D

Trying My Hand With TC

So any sggestions, guidance, etc,?

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!