FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Tryner78
The plant that got me into this hobby has been generating new growth points since I got it about a year ago, producing many young plants in the process. I am going to be potting a bunch of them up soon in a peat mix ( I love LFS but it's expensive! :? ) in individual 2'' pots under new grow lights. Once they get going, I would like to see if anyone would be interested in buying one? I'm not looking for anything much, just to cover the cost of shipping/packaging. They are a pretty common sundew, but they are easy to take care of, grow fast, and look nice. I'll post pictures tomorrow afternoon of some of the plants.

Just want to know what the demand would be, if any. Maybe growing them over the winter for spring distribution would be a better idea? :?:
Thanks,
-- TR
By ChefDean
I don't know if you're still considering this, but I would be interested.
I'm getting back into the cp scene after a series of moves and am trying my hand at different 'dews.
I had Sarracenia in Utah, they're easy indoors despite the arid environment. But 'dews were a little more difficult, even Capes.
Living now in Tennessee, a much more conducive environment, but I'll likely keep it inside anyway. I'm planning a bog garden, but that may be a couple of years off still. I currently have a young trio of Cape "Alba" and a variety of Drosera seeds sown (a mix of about 8 possibilities, they were a free "grab-bag" of seeds), and I have Red Cape seeds and Intermedia seeds coming. Whatever excess I grow will likely be given to the surrounding schools Science teachers, neighborhood enthusiasts, or perhaps offered to other members such as what you're offerring.
Let me know and we'll see if I can make room for it (I can make room for it), and, more importantly, if the wife will let me get more. (Happy wife, happy life. Unhappy wife, stone cold misery for the rest of my life)
Thanks,
Chef
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!