FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By sipecsus
:roll: hi i rescently got a couple of fly traps and ive gone krazy with this whole carnivorous plant thing. i replanted my flytraps and took all the advice on here and everythings going great my fly traps are in doormancy since ive left them outside and all that other stuff but i currently ordered a sundew, a pitcher plant , a tropical pitcher plant and i think a butterworth. will sphangnum peat moss and perlite work as soil for these plants if i want to replant?
By linton
Generally speaking, the standard carnivorous plant mix of peat and perlite / vermiculite / sand will suffice for most carnivorous plants including Drosera, Dionaea, Sarracenia, Cephalotus, Pinguicula (Butterwort) and some Nepenthes - other Nepenthes species and Darlingtonia prefer long fiber sphagnum moss sometimes with the addition of coarse sand or bark. The critical factor in soil selection is to make sure that you only use soil that is very low in nutrients and acidic.
By Pat
I would plant the sundew, pitcher plant and butterwort in two parts peat moss to 1 part sand/perlite. The tropical pitcher plantg I would replant in pure sphagnum moss, but you could add a small amount of perlite if you want to.
Hope this helps, Pat :D

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!