FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
ceph
ceph
IMG_7482.JPG (611.68 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
it looks like 1 small pot has pink cephalotus while the others are purple(Ruby) Red. Some of the pitchers are dying on the purple plants. I guess that is normal? They were under LEDS? or some grow lights but I put them outside and it has been raining for 2 days. its pretty cold, 40f probably. They seem to be ok with my drosera out there in the cold. But I need to get them inside under some grow lights soon.

I'm not sure how this guy propagated his cephs, but there is a leaf pull in there with 1 tiny root.

The purple ones seem the same but the pink ones have some green mixed in. Maybe it starts green and ends pink? ;)

I think I'm going to buy some nice glass hanging terrariums for these guys. Maybe hang them in a window? if they don't need as much water, I don't need to tray water, so why not a terrarium?
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By Shadowtski
Happy Birthday, nice gift there.

Cephs like to throw a hissy fit when you move them or change their conditions too much, at least the ones I've played with.

As long as you give them good CP growing conditions, they should recover and bounce back into growth mode.

Just my two cents worth.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
My Cephalotus really havnt enjoyed this new adjustment but I am not disparaged. Mike said they would go threw an adjustment period. So given regular cp conditions, and allowed to adjust to natural sunlight, with rain and high humidity and lots of dew and near freezing weather, they have browned out 80-90%. However, they all have new growth. So I think they are adjusting finally... there are tiny leaves and tiny pitchers forming. :D

they are supposed to survive a light frost. But its about to freeze solid here and I'm going to bring the cephalotus inside. I was wondering if it would like being in a 10 gallon aquarium, with high humidity. I have several plants that id like to consolidate for convenience. I was not going to drain the water but put a layer of sand at the bottom and build my soil up and raise the cephalotus up higher.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!