FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By 7ariez
IMG_5833.JPG
IMG_5833.JPG (843.37 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
Hi experts out there,

I recently bought two nepenthes, they are still small, some of the leaves and pitchers are turning brownish, is it normal? I place them outdoor as I have no space to put them indoor, is it ok? I live in auckland new zealand, the temperature is rising up but it is still pretty cold at night, could it be the reason??
Appreciate comments from experts out there, thank you so much!
By snapperhead51
If your in Zealand then the cold will affect your plant , as they are tropical not cold grower unless designated as high land plants , I suspect there suffering from the cold night they they look like intermediate plant like N ventrata or similar needed a more controlled micro climate , dont let the plant get below 10 c best all round not below 15 c for them at night , the brown looks to be cold burn to me , may be put inside at night till true summer comes along !
By 7ariez
snapperhead51 wrote:If your in Zealand then the cold will affect your plant , as they are tropical not cold grower unless designated as high land plants , I suspect there suffering from the cold night they they look like intermediate plant like N ventrata or similar needed a more controlled micro climate , dont let the plant get below 10 c best all round not below 15 c for them at night , the brown looks to be cold burn to me , may be put inside at night till true summer comes along !

Hi Snapper, thank you SO MUCH for your input! yes, i have been told that the cold temperature maybe the reason, some suggest that if I can't put them inside then I should put a dome to protect them from the cold snap at night until the true summer comes along. Some also says the low humidity might be the reason.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!