FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By UsagiGreenPaw
Sadly my little p. Cyclosecta has taken a turn for the worst after seeming to do better for a week.

Should i scuttle over and buy a new one?
It looks the worst it has yet. :(
All that new growth looks terrible. I am not doing so well with this plant at all and perhaps I'm just missing something...
Attachments:
20171016_142932.jpg
20171016_142932.jpg (925.58 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
By UsagiGreenPaw
Does it still look like a water uptake issue?
Hmmm.

I was having what looked to be water uptake issues when I posted originally about a week ago & 1/2 ago and I stuck it in a bag for about a week. I hadnt set the roots actually IN the soil since the plant was floofy. I repotted and wet the top of the substrate to ensure it would whick, and its tray hasnt been allowed to dry out. It was placed on a mound and the roots were definitely buried this time. There's little hairs growing out of one of the larger roots.

It's around 47% - 50% humidity, and temps are arpund 75 degrees during the day. I took the bag off because the leaves were doing really well and getting sticky. Then it was fine for a few days and...bleh. lol

It IS abnormally green and I moved it closer to the the T5 and it minimally helped, and then this. It's still a newish plant to me (about a month) and it's always been very green.

Sorry, rambling and just woke from a nap. But water/moisture issue still? I'll put it back in the bag and leave it much longer. Perhaps until I see visible healthy leaves sprout, grow, and establish themselves? I'm surprised it looks worse than before I put it in the bag.

My p. Moranensis is doing great and my p. Guatemala is currently in a bag adjusting looking like it's settling nicely.
By Bob Beer
Not sure why it’s not coming along in the same conditions where a moranensis doing just fine. You might take a pulling or two just as insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By jeff
Bonjour

when I see this plant with this rotten center, I think that it is dead or that it will be

for me too wet and not in a calcareous substrate

actually she should be dormant or start her , in a substrate just slightly wet or dry

may be , can you, with leaves that remain healthy, make cuttings of leaves

jeff
By Benurmanii
The center does not look rotten to me, but rather desiccated. Of course, it can be hard to tell, as if the Ping dies from dehydration and then the dead center is touching wet media, it will start to rot, even though rot isn't what caused the death. I also find cyclosecta to be one that is very hard to damage from overwatering, mine are some of my most water tolerant Pinguicula.
By Bob Beer
Yeah, cyclosecta is maybe my most vigorous Ping and nothing seems to hurt it. I would take a couple pullings from healthy back leaves tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!