FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By deleted user
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you use the self-watering planters? I found some at Target but I do not know if they would work with a VFT or a sundew. It has a 6", 8", 10", and 12" option. Would I be better of with a pot and a large plate that I fill with water? Let me know if they are any good!

http://www.target.com/p/round-self-wate ... A-51439231

Noah
By xr280xr
I haven't used this one but have used similar and it depends on the reservoir in the bottom of the pot. If it's got a solid reservoir that won't fill up with soil as soon as it rains, then it should work well. Sometimes they have a really small space at the bottom or a really flimsy bottom that doesn't do a good job of creating space for water.
By deleted user
xr280xr wrote:I haven't used this one but have used similar and it depends on the reservoir in the bottom of the pot. If it's got a solid reservoir that won't fill up with soil as soon as it rains, then it should work well. Sometimes they have a really small space at the bottom or a really flimsy bottom that doesn't do a good job of creating space for water.
What would you recommend for an indoor VFT? I don't know of any good pots that would work with the water tray method of growing. I'm worried about quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!