FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By deleted user
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you use the self-watering planters? I found some at Target but I do not know if they would work with a VFT or a sundew. It has a 6", 8", 10", and 12" option. Would I be better of with a pot and a large plate that I fill with water? Let me know if they are any good!

http://www.target.com/p/round-self-wate ... A-51439231

Noah
By xr280xr
I haven't used this one but have used similar and it depends on the reservoir in the bottom of the pot. If it's got a solid reservoir that won't fill up with soil as soon as it rains, then it should work well. Sometimes they have a really small space at the bottom or a really flimsy bottom that doesn't do a good job of creating space for water.
By deleted user
xr280xr wrote:I haven't used this one but have used similar and it depends on the reservoir in the bottom of the pot. If it's got a solid reservoir that won't fill up with soil as soon as it rains, then it should work well. Sometimes they have a really small space at the bottom or a really flimsy bottom that doesn't do a good job of creating space for water.
What would you recommend for an indoor VFT? I don't know of any good pots that would work with the water tray method of growing. I'm worried about quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!