FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By mo_carnivore
I've heard various claims over whether it is legal or okay to import seeds from other countries into the US. Is it legal? I've had my eye on several sights in the UK and EU and was wondering if I could order seeds from them.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
By Aozora
I have gotten some seeds from the USA while i live in the EU. So if its legit to send from the USA to EU im sure it would also be legal to send from EU to USA.
By Adrian_2523
I buy from a guy off E-Bay who lives in Czechoslovakia and I just bought a 420+ pack of Mixed Sarrs, Mixed Drosera, and 2 kinds of Nepenthes, and Venus Flytrap seeds from him, and I didn't need a permit for it.
By Smooter80
I've also driven 140 MPH. You can do it, it's just not legal. The odds are that seeds without a permit will make it through. The permit is easy to get. I still haven't got mine, just bring lazy. I usually can piggyback seeds on a Phytosanitary with plants and not have to worry about the 50 seeds of a species permit limit.

There is a reason those seeds are so cheap, they were probably harvested when Czechoslovakia was still an actual place. :)
Do Long Summer Days Affect CPs?

Ok great! I had just wondered if they were at all […]

Drosera seeds in water?

Unfortunately, most of my experiments with Drosera[…]

That does look bad. Did you rinse the Moorland Gol[…]

Nothing died! lol Spring growth coming on strong[…]

is this normal for a d capensis?

It's been growing for about half a year now, and i[…]

Thank you!

Hi from FNQ.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi from MD!

Welcome to the forum!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!