FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
This sounds do-able and make sense! :-) I'm wondering if it would be worth doing something similar to the Group Orders forum in that members state what part of the world they are in as part of the topic title so as to prevent confusion; I wondered about the possibility of having separate Giveaway sub-forums in the Sales, Trades, and Wants sections but a single forum would probably suffice.

I think my one concern would be that the number of different categories across the forums has increased quite a bit over the last few years, and we don't want too many so as to not overwhelm people. Equally, a separate category would probably be very beneficial!

I'd advise sending your suggestion directly to Matt as only administrators can create new categories so his word is law in this particular matter. ;-)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Grey liked this
By Matt
I like the idea! But I also agree with Grey:
Grey wrote:I think my one concern would be that the number of different categories across the forums has increased quite a bit over the last few years, and we don't want too many so as to not overwhelm people.
If anyone has ideas of how better to organize the forums and possibly consolidate so that there aren't quite so many and it doesn't looks so overwhelming, we'd love to hear your ideas!
By coffeenflowers
Could we set up an archive or sub-forum for old/finished contests and old/finisher group orders? I was looking at group orders forum and it was a little confusing to see active posts on old group orders.
coffeenflowers liked this
By Grey
coffeenflowers wrote:Could we set up an archive or sub-forum for old/finished contests and old/finisher group orders? I was looking at group orders forum and it was a little confusing to see active posts on old group orders.
Thank you for bringing this up! It's a great suggestion. I'll go through the posts and lock the ones that are finished so that no new replies can be posted; it will also change the icon that shows on the page, which may help to prevent confusion. Will this be helpful for you?

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!