FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Siannuro
I just bought another trap in a death tube today. It was looking at me and pleading for help so i couldn't resist and I am now in the process of bringing it to a new life. xD
By hackerberry
Awesome job rescuing the poor vfts in their death dome.

hb
By watnazn
Haha, I end up spending money on them when I see them, even If i dont need them.
By afh928
yeah, i do the same thing...just "saved" one Friday lol. Probably gonna do it again this Friday too. :mrgreen:
By Siannuro
Hahaha, you guys! I just want to say that I repotted the plant because, like the previous one I bought, it had mold. To my surprise... There were 4 plants in the pot. So I got 4 flytraps for the price of one. Now that's a deal!
By nesler
Where are you finding them at!? I haven't seen them anywhere since I bought the first two I got at Home Depot a month or so ago.
By Siannuro
nesler wrote:Where are you finding them at!? I haven't seen them anywhere since I bought the first two I got at Home Depot a month or so ago.
There is a Fry's Marketplace in the suburbs where I live and they have too many. They aren't selling them as much and a lot of them are just dying... I'm still keeping an eye because I know they will throw them away soon. I can get them from the garbage and... *hallelujah* resurrect them. Oh... this is so sick. LOL.
By Matt
The Fry's at exit 75 in Rancho Sahuarita has VFTs? Hah! That place wasn't even there when I moved out of Rancho Sahuarita 4 years ago. If the store was there and they had them when I lived there I probably would have gotten into CPs much sooner.
By Siannuro
Matt wrote:The Fry's at exit 75 in Rancho Sahuarita has VFTs? Hah! That place wasn't even there when I moved out of Rancho Sahuarita 4 years ago. If the store was there and they had them when I lived there I probably would have gotten into CPs much sooner.
xD That Fry's was built probably 3 years ago? Because I've been here for two years already and I heard that the Fry's was being constructed the year before I moved down here. Anyways, I never thought of Fry's having vfts. Actually, I didn't even know Fry's was a grocery store. I was used to California's Fry's Electronics. xD
By Matt
Yeah, I've been in that Fry's! Went in there when I went down to Sahuarita last Thanksgiving to check on my house there. It's a nice store. Wish it would have been there when I was living in Rancho Sahuarita. We had to drive down to Green Valley to get everything we needed. It was awesome when that Wal-Mart SuperCenter went in. Before that, there was only a ghetto Fry's to shop at in Green Valley (it actually wasn't that bad).

Oh, and Fry's Electronics is awesome!
By leiter1212
I just got my first plant at a giant super market. It was still in very good shape so I dont think it was on the shelf very long. I felt bad cause they had about 10 of them so I rescued the one I thought looked to be in the best condition. I hope all goes well with this plant so I can take a pulling after dormancy, and I also want to order a red trap in the spring time.
By Siannuro
dionaea muscipula wrote:ahh frys thats were i get my paint ball guns :D
They sell those there?
Progress Pictures

I've left the window open and I can now see five i[…]

Drosera seedlings moldy

What kind of mixed drosera are you growing, @Wolfc[…]

If be careful about putting it against the shed. I[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Uh. That's not where that goes.

Are you feeding that thing any weird fertilizers[…]

bog garden

Under $20 for just the bog pot, or under $20 for t[…]

Please identify

I would say they're either spatulata or toka[…]

Weird Venus Flytrap

Someone bought a DCXL from them. Here's the phot[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!