FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By LuminousAphid
Has anyone ever even heard of this? Do you feel like it would be possible? It could obviously be more delicate and intricate than a normal graft, but what about cross-species grafting?

I have heard of grafting tomatoes to a certain other crop (and the claims that the resulting tomatoes would be psychoactive, which is absurd), but never really heard about smaller plants like most CPs tend to be.
By nimbulan
I believe grafting has been successfully carried out with Nepenthes, resulting in a plant that would grow two different types of pitchers. Of other species, I'd say only Drosophyllum and Roridula have significant enough stems to warrant grafting and neither of them react well to attempts at vegetative propagation.
By LuminousAphid
nimbulan wrote:Of other species, I'd say only Drosophyllum and Roridula have significant enough stems to warrant grafting and neither of them react well to attempts at vegetative propagation.
How about D. capensis? Once they get older their main stem gets fairly woody and sturdy.

I am thinking about cutting the top off one of my capensis sometime soon since it's getting so tall, if I do this I definitely plan on trying to graft something else to the stem! Maybe try giving my wild-type D. rotundifolia some better roots...

That's awesome about the nepenthes, I was thinking about grafting just parts of one plant onto another, but a chimera plant is even better
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!