FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By afh928
I just got a S. Flava the other day and it was the same thing...just phyllodia, lol. Buzzkill! Nah, maybe JUST maybe we'll get a couple pitchers before winter...and they will definitely be awesome next season! Something to look forward to!
By Matt
afh928 wrote:I just got a S. Flava the other day and it was the same thing...just phyllodia, lol. Buzzkill! Nah, maybe JUST maybe we'll get a couple pitchers before winter...and they will definitely be awesome next season! Something to look forward to!
Oooh, I really want a huge flava at some point. Next to all the Dionaea clones I want, this is probably at the top of my want list.
By afh928
Me too man, i was hoping it would come a little more pretty lol...but it will be worth the wait. I'm sure youll get one before then, but if you want a division of mine next season i would be glad to share (if it does that is.).
By doku
afh928 wrote:I just got a S. Flava the other day and it was the same thing...just phyllodia, lol. Buzzkill! Nah, maybe JUST maybe we'll get a couple pitchers before winter...and they will definitely be awesome next season! Something to look forward to!
Yeah, sorry to brake it you afh928, but s. flava is an early season plant. Their best pitchers are grown from spring to early summer, than after that they usually only grow phyllodia. If you have cool summers though, they will keep growing pitchers until fall. I have maybe 6 mature flava and most of them only have phyllodia right now. i have really hot summers though. One of my flava is in a 15 gallon pot and that one is still growing foot long pitchers. :D The bigger size of the pot keeps the plants roots cool which let it keep growing regular pitchers longer. Weird right? If your lucky, sometimes they do throw up late season pitchers that are shorter than normal and look pretty nice too. Thats the case with my S. oreophila. It's throwing up one late season pitcher that's looking very nice.
By English Springer
I agree doku about the larger pot needed to keep the roots cool..that has always been an issue for me due to limited space.
Aaron you may have to wait for next year, but at least you have a million other plants to enjoy until dormancy...what are you gonna do this winter!! :)
Peace!
E.S.
By afh928
I am genuinely sad about the approaching winter, lol. I will still have plenty to do, nursing pullings, cuttings, and seedlings and all! Next season is going to be INSANE. :mrgreen:
By doku
afh928 wrote:I am genuinely sad about the approaching winter, lol. I will still have plenty to do, nursing pullings, cuttings, and seedlings and all! Next season is going to be INSANE. :mrgreen:
I know what you mean. But i have a lot of seeds this year and next spring is going to be great when, hopefully, all of them germinate. :D
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!