FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By earlgrey
Yeah that sounds about right. It'll take time for it to adjust while you acclimate it to low humidity, so it'll probably drop a few pitchers and slow down growth for the next few months ( it's normal for nepenthes to when in stress from shipping or climate change). Just have a hygrometer to measure high and low temps, keeping the temps no higher than 85 for a highlander. They can go a little hotter than that only for a little while before they begin to decline rapidly. Cooler nights with temp drops of at least 15-20 F is a safe area for highlanders. These are just general rules for highland nepenthes, but you have a hardy hybrid. Hybrids are more tolerant of not so ideal climates and should grow perfectly fine after acclimation. Good luck!
earlgrey liked this
By NatchGreyes
I agree with earlgrey, you'd probably be able to grow in outside in shade. If it ends up not producing pitchers, that's probably due to the low humidity in the San Diego area. If it's been a few months, you might consider modifying your setup to bring it inside with higher humidity.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!