FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Darkrai283
[02.12.14]

Well, 2 months later... and he had no luck. His females all died for some unknown reason.

BUT, he bought a fertile ooth from Germany and he said it hatched last week so he sent me 20, 1st instars; and here they are today. :)

Pics:
ImageIMG_1461 by darkrai283, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1465 by darkrai283, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1478 by darkrai283, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1480 by darkrai283, on Flickr
By Darkrai283
[19.01.15]

The first male 4th instar is here. :) The red colouration on the raptorials are much clearer now and they're large enough to be sexed too.

ImageIMG_2306 by Darkrai283, on Flickr
ImageIMG_2296 by Darkrai283, on Flickr
ImageIMG_2302 by Darkrai283, on Flickr
ImageIMG_2288 by Darkrai283, on Flickr
By Darkrai283
Maiden wrote:Wow, great pictures!
tish wrote:Very awesome! I wish to keep them too .but time is never enough here...
kcbugs wrote:Agree with maiden. That female is striking. Kinda makes me want to get back into inverts...
Cory wrote:Lol
I have been planning on adding some of these mantids to my collection strange things lol.

I find them outside from time to time.

The ones I want are quite colorful
Thanks. :)
Grey wrote:Love the new photos. How easily do your mantids take mealworms, Richard? The one thing that kept me from keeping mantids was their requirement for live food, but if I could keep something fairly simple (that our hedgehogs would enjoy in the spring and summer, too) that'd get me interested again.
Sorry about the late reply Rachel, I hadn't really checked the forums since November. :? The majority of species will take mealworms but there are an exception such as the flower mimicking ones that only take flying prey. To make things easier, I feed all my species bluebottle flies I get from a fishing tackle shop as maggots... and if I get any excess flies, they go straight to my plants. :p

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!