FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
I was wondering if anyone else on the forum was experiencing an issue where you have not received an email notification when someone sends you a private message via the "Community" page. I just went to the community section of the website for the first time in a while to change my avatar, and was a tad mortified to discover unread messages from over 6 months ago. I had no idea these had been sent to me, as I usually get an email.

I understand the forum private message system and the community message system work independently, but I was curious as to whether or not there was an actual issue with the system sending out notifs, or if I maybe just need to check that part of the website more frequently.

Thank you.
Grey liked this
By Matt
Yes, I've had the same issue since I upgraded the server software. I don't know why the emails are not being sent from that side. I've investigated it, but haven't found a solution.

I'm moving the site to a new server again in a couple of weeks and I will investigate it again at that time. Hopefully I can find a solution.
Matt, Matt liked this
By Matt
The logins are merged somewhat. If you log into the forum, it will also log you into the community, but I think the login expires fairly quickly on the community side, so you have to log in again. I've tried to get them more synchronized, but I haven't had much luck. That's something else I hope to fix during the server move. At the very least, I'd like to notify users when looking at either PM box that they have messages.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!