FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By bvalente
Hey everyone,

So I am starting to expand my carnivorous plant collection and am extremely interested in getting a sundew. From what I have read, the Dorsera Capensis seems to be the easiest and most tolerable one to grow so I am looking to get one, however I am open for different types as well.

For the people in Michigan, does anyone know any stores that have these? I have gone to quite a few local nurseries and ironically, they don't even know what one is :roll:

I am looking to get one locally (I try to stay true to either the FTS or my local stores, I'm a hometown guy :lol: ) so if anyone would even be willing to send some seeds, I'd love to try to germinate some :D
By Cory
It's highly unlikely that you will find any locally anywhere.
All I have ever seen at nurseries are alata pitcher plants and typical flytraps and a few sarracenia species
Never any sundews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By SundewWolf
I've got some capensis alba, capensis typical, spatulata fraisers island, and filiformis florida red with flowerstalks. I can send you some seeds if you want. It'll be about two weeks before they're ready to harvest though.
SundewWolf liked this
By keitarofox
I have some Capensis "narrow leaf" and some D. spatulata seedlings growing right now. They germinated only a couple weeks ago, so they have some time to go before they can ship.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!