FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Vern
I've seen several older threads on how to package and send CN plants in the mail, but how would you go about sending a self addressed stamped envelope to receive plants, seeds, cuttings, etc to the sender? I attempted once with a small manilla envelop and bubble wrap with a forever stamp and it was sent back to me saying it was under weight and didn't meet the standard requirements of regular machine sorting mail.

I doubt a box filled with nothing but newspaper and bubble wrap will meet the standards of regular boxed mail either.
By Vern
I did fold an envelop and placed inside the manilla with bubble wrap, and it was sent back to me.
By roarke
Vern wrote:I've seen several older threads on how to package and send CN plants in the mail, but how would you go about sending a self addressed stamped envelope to receive plants, seeds, cuttings, etc to the sender? I attempted once with a small manilla envelop and bubble wrap with a forever stamp and it was sent back to me saying it was under weight and didn't meet the standard requirements of regular machine sorting mail.

I doubt a box filled with nothing but newspaper and bubble wrap will meet the standards of regular boxed mail either.
But how they did took in the first place your envelope. They lie to you. It is not such a thing as envelope being underweight. If it was overweight, yes, but not underweight !
By sbrooks
The package was probably sent back because the bubble wrap made it too fat to be accepted with a single first class stamp. Go to USPS's website and put in the size and weight of your package, and they will tell you how much postage to put on the package.
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!