FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By JOELCHRISTIANGILL
Do I push the long end into the soil? Do I lay it on top (which is what I have done now) or do I cut the green tips off and plant them. It is probably so easy that noone has ever thought to explain it but any help you can give would be awesome.
Thanks.
By fattytuna
Well different growers have their different methods. Sphagnum hardly grows at all for me. People tend just to lay it over the soil. Over time, the spahgnum keeps on growing over itself, the bottom sections dying and supporting the top growth.

I can't recommend a way to cultivate it as it just stays there not multiplying or growing in my conditions.
By jwbates26
There are many different ways to grow it and there have been really great tips on how to here. I've listed quite a few threads for you. Just keep in mind there are many ways to grow sphagnum so read as much as you can then just try something. If you see a decline with out any positive signs of growth change you method up some and try agian.

snapperhead51 The sphagnum king
My way you'll have to scroll down to find it.
Ryan + plus my original post
Starchy way
plantman1001 way

A good online tutorial.

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!