FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By snapperhead51
Fuzzy
is quite easy for us here as most of them are native to our land , so obtaining them is no trouble, you will have trouble getting them in the US and the growing and them is quite different , as these are winter growing plants in temperate climate , so we have no snow or below zero temps where they grow mainly , all though there are a few places where it dose get below zero but not many

J
By jht-union
I agree with wht Jonh is saying however I have drosera whitakkeri and drosera macrantha ( which I received from john snapperjead51):
That were hot stratify in the summer and then as the fall approached I sow the seeds on top of silica sand and the bottom a mix of peat and silica.....the seedlings started to appear in the middle of the winter and all I did was use a spray bottle and a few times spray the seeds, I am talking that temps were in the low 40''s F but sometimes and for weeks temps were in the 30'F but sometimes temps dip into the low 20'sF....while all my temperate plants were in dormarcy, the tuberous droseras were the only ones to actually thrive in this conditions and they actually get more sunlight in the winter as the leaves from the trees have fallen and so my plants are exposed to all day direct sunlight. I grow my plants in greenhouses but it gets hot only with the sun. As soon as night comes, the temp in the greenhouse is the same as temps from outside.
Currently they have "died" to the ground storing the sugars in tubers but as soon as fall gets here, I do expect my tuber droseras to come bak...if not then it would be my second year of failure trying to grow these plants from seed. I think the hardest thing for these plants is giving them the proper dormarcy in summer.

Too many words describing everything just to say that in fact ( or maybe under greenhouse conditions) in North America you can successfully grow tuber droseras fine even when it gets below 32F.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!