FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By swat007j
Yea the title says it all I just ordered one from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001N4 ... 00_s00_i00 I was wondering if any one uses this , or if it really works for your and you fly traps or other CP will it work to grow sphagnum moss ? thats really the main reason i got it for and o yea for my mimosa pudicas not really for the VFT but maybe to help germinate seeds as well.
I need to read Feedbacks...
By dantt99
I haven't purchased one, but have seen reviews and they have wonderful ones out there. I am pretty sure that is the old model, and they have a new one that is stronger.
Just thought I'd put that out there ;)
By jaester
I have the GlowPanel 45(Actual watts is 25, very misleading name tbh...) and it does work wonders. GP14 will work for several fly traps, but make sure you keep your growing area right under the light and keep your plants fairly close. I suggest keeping the distance under 12 inches between tips of LEDs and plants' crowns.
By swat007j
jaester wrote:I have the GlowPanel 45(Actual watts is 25, very misleading name tbh...) and it does work wonders. GP14 will work for several fly traps, but make sure you keep your growing area right under the light and keep your plants fairly close. I suggest keeping the distance under 12 inches between tips of LEDs and plants' crowns.

Thanks for the info , Can I use this to accumulate the plants? for example have them under the led lights for a while then just through the plant into the full sun? or do I need to slowly introduce them to the plant?? If so i already know how but yea....
How many hours do you recommend ? and can I give it half leds lights and half full sun light?
By jaester
The beauty of using LED lights is that there is no acclimatization required when introduced to plants. You cannot, however, replace sun acclimatization with LED lights. You must follow the procedure of acclimatizing plants to full sun. You can still use the LED while acclimatizing your plants to full sun, such as 30 minutes of sun and the rest under LED. 1 hour of sun the next day and the rest LED...you get the idea. If you are able to keep all your plants under the LED comfortably, I suggest you do so! You will be amazed of the coloration in a few weeks.
By swat007j
jaester wrote:The beauty of using LED lights is that there is no acclimatization required when introduced to plants. You cannot, however, replace sun acclimatization with LED lights. You must follow the procedure of acclimatizing plants to full sun. You can still use the LED while acclimatizing your plants to full sun, such as 30 minutes of sun and the rest under LED. 1 hour of sun the next day and the rest LED...you get the idea. If you are able to keep all your plants under the LED comfortably, I suggest you do so! You will be amazed of the coloration in a few weeks.

thanks you answered my question :P and it came today if you guys want pics i'll post
By swat007j
jaester wrote:Whoa! That was super fast. You must be a prime member. :) Yeah post some pics in the photos section when you settle everything in!
Yea i got the 30 day trail for prime , 2 day shipping but since the guy was around my area it felt like one day :D I will post more pictures tomorrow in a different thread since i haven't decided yet which plants I want to keep under my Leds I think I'm just going to use it to grow sphagnum moss and my seedlings 8-) Because I want my fly traps out in the sun, my Sphagnum moss was growing well outside but I forgot to water them one day and it almost dried out on me so I think it will do even better under led lights inside my room... and o yea for my mimosa pudica's aka tickle me plants :lol:
swat007j liked this
By jaester
Oh man, that setup looks sweet! All of your plants will do great under your new light. The VFT and purpurea will color up nicely. Keep us updated when you see noticeable change, which is sooner than you think. :D

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!