FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

News, sales and Announcements about the FlytrapStore

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
(The FlytrapStore Elf sent the following to Steve to post)

Hi there everybody :D

FlytrapStore Elf here, and as I was hanging out in the greenhouses, I thought it might be nice to share what I'm seeing in there as the best lookin' plants right now.

I noticed that some of the plants that look awesome during the non-dormant season just take a big snoozer during the dormant season, and while that's definitely normal and good (and even more fun than the others when they come out of dormancy because the changes are even more prominent), if you're wanting to gift a VFT or enjoy one yourself (or gift one to yourself!), you might want to know which of these dormant plants are looking especially nice in the greenhouses right now.

So here they are-- the VFTs that are getting their time in the limelight, because the other showy ones are snoozing a bit deeper: :) In other words, these plants are still definitely smaller than they normally are, but they're retaining a few more traps and their coloring looks great.
Hope you all are having some glimmers of good this season, and wishing you good growing. :)
--L, FlytrapStore Elf

I'd like to see how normal traps look on that plan[…]

Hey everyone, I'm starting to sell the majority of[…]

Hi from FNQ.

Welcome. Be sure to check out the seedbank. Free s[…]

Question about flytraps

They should not die, unless you do something extre[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

Don't know about the peroxide, either. I have trie[…]

If you keep your plants outside, they will feed th[…]

You might also run into problems with the plant […]

Kinetin vs BAP ?

Can Kinetin be an adequate substitution for BA[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!