Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By stitz25b
well its a common phenomenom
its a present for giving it good care throughout the growing season
stitz25b liked this
By dimitar
Now in early autumn to me also flowering S. fava maxima, S. fava ornata, S. flava cuprea, S. x popei and other plants, although they flowered in spring, so this is not uncommon. There is no uniform opinion by this issue. However, I tried to polinate some stalks and they showed signs to do it but I doubt I'll have time to get seeds from them for the coming winter.
dimitar liked this
By Daniel_G
I'm hoping to get a new lot of flowers, as Britain has had a scorcher over the past few days (Around 25C)

I hope you can get another lot of seeds from them!
Daniel_G liked this
By victor
I just wanted to coment on the late season flower.A sarracenia sending up a flower stalk
this late in the season has really nothing to do with taking great care of the plant. It's because
of a fact that sarracenia will occasionally send up a late season flower stalk after a really hot summer.
No one knows for sure why they do this although it's not really a phenomenom. You can let it flower if you
want want but some people describe this as a "waste of energy" for the plant because the flowers
are one shorter and less colorful than spring flowers and two the flowers have 0 chance of producing seeds.
But it's your call you can let it flower and enjoy it or you can cut it off for more energy in the spring.
victor liked this
By Dionae
Thanks Victor! That was going to be my next question...should I cut it off? Its not the most beautiful thing to look at anyway. Its real low to the soil, like you said, and the flower is discolored in some places. I'll probably go and chop it off. Thanks again Victor!

Btw, I had an incredibly hot summer so it could be that.
Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome! (and I think it's my turn to say: ) Be su[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Thanks! Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

I repotted some of the vft's from the flower stal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!