FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Dubstep13
Matt and Steve what do you think about people buying wacky traps bundles and KMS bundles from FTS and flipping them on Ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Traps-Ven ... _500wt_969
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korean-Melody-S ... _500wt_969
he even says he has a D.Regia for aucion hmmm is it coincidence
i doubt it and i bet u it came from FTS!

is this the size of the Regia you sent.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drosera-Regia-K ... _500wt_969
in the aucion pics the guys hand is dirty like he just potted it and took a pic
posted on monday witch is the day his plants would have arrived maybee im thinking to much now lolz
and it looks like there is no Dew on the plant just came out of the bag and potted
By jamez
Well it's just a plant. Now if it was a clone FTS created then that might not be.
By Steve_D
Dubstep13 wrote:Matt and Steve what do you think about people buying wacky traps bundles and KMS bundles from FTS and flipping them on Ebay?
In this case, this customer recently bought one Korean Melody Shark and one Wacky Traps Venus Flytrap from us (from FlytrapStore.com), and I'm guessing those are the ones shown in his Ebay auctions you listed above. Subsequently (just a couple days ago) he ordered 5 more of each Korean Melody Shark and Wacky Traps Venus Flytraps. We pointed out to him our limited reserve plant policy, here--

http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/custom ... rve-plants

--and canceled the order. We have so few of some of the more-desired Venus Flytrap clones that we would like for them to be distributed to as many interested people as possible, rather than going to just a few higher-volume buyers. That's why we instituted the policy and marked such plants as "Limited Reserve Plant" in their descriptions at FlytrapStore.com, with a link to the policy at the webpage above.
Steve_D liked this
By JimsPlants
Love how all their autions are "RARE" the most overused word on Ebay.

Doub't they had permission to use BCP's image of the Darlingtonia aswell.. report it..
By Matt
Yep, all of those plants came from my greenhouse in Ashland, Oregon, including the Drosera regia. It's unfortunate to see someone taking advantage of our quality plants at good prices by buying them up and reselling them at higher prices. As Steve already mentioned, we have instituted a policy to mitigate that from happening. We'll have to add D. regia to the list. Additionally, we may start refusing orders from anyone that will buy plants from us only to resell them.
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By Matt
nep lover wrote:
Additionally, we may start refusing orders from anyone that will buy plants from us only to resell them.
good!
Yeah, the more I think about this, the more it bothers me. It's really unfortunate that someone would take such advantage of our store and plants that are very competitively priced by buying them up and then reselling them to make a few dollars. It prevents FlytrapStore customers from buying the plants, who have been patiently waiting for the plants to come in stock, and who know what sort of quality to expect. And those are the people we're trying to sell to the most, not other vendors.

Instead of "we may start refusing orders" you can change that statement to "we will start refusing orders from anyone buying plants and reselling them."
Matt, Matt liked this
By Dubstep13
sorrry i didnt mean to upset you Matt but i did want you to know whats going on... i knew those were your plants
they were freshly potted and pic snapped for ebay... he has dirty hands in the photo.
and you can see where he shipps from and not send plants there anymore
By Shes Crofty
Dang, that sucks.. I was wondering who got that regia.. :(

Matt & Steve - Do you think the guy is smart, *ahem* stupid enough to create another account under a proxy and buy up the plants little at a time and send them to new/friend's addresses? You should keep an eye out for odd IPs and new registrants, It's likely that someone like that would do this.
By DTDream18
His ad seems more than a little deceptive to say the least! For one thing he claims that "No one else sells these" which is outright untrue ! Maybe if he said that "very few growers sell these" that wouldn't be so offensive. Also he implies that the plants he sells are divisions of plants he was already growing. Which from what Matt and Steve are saying here is also patently false.

I recently sold two groups of 10 VFT's on Ebay at a cheap price. 10 Dutch VFT's and 10 Red Piranha's. Both groups of plants were divisions from plants I bought online. ( The Red Piranhas from Flytrapstore. ) I only sold them because I was being over run with divisions from both varieties and I couldn't find anyone I know to just give them to. In my Ebay ads I mentioned that they were divisions of plants I was growing. I never would have said they were divisions of my other plants unless they really were.

I know that when I sell anything on Ebay I like to feel that I'm being honest. Just makes me feel better knowing that I gave someone an honest deal !

As an aside ... On a positive note ... I just received two B52's and a Big Mouth from Flytrapstore in today's mail. Beautiful healthy plants as usual .... Thanks Matt and Steve !
DTDream18 liked this
By Shes Crofty
DTDream18 wrote:His ad seems more than a little deceptive to say the least! For one thing he claims that "No one else sells these" which is outright untrue ! Maybe if he said that "very few growers sell these" that wouldn't be so offensive. Also he implies that the plants he sells are divisions of plants he was already growing. Which from what Matt and Steve are saying here is also patently false.
It's one thing to do this and be honest, it's another to do it and lie.
He is completely lying about the origins of the plants to the person who will receive them, keeping that information from the buyer is considered being dishonest, and so is taking credit for the quality of the plant. To me that's like telling someone something is organic when it isn't, and then selling it to them. Sure they aren't going to know the difference when they eat it, but you think they are going to be happy about being lied to? Especially when that IS NOT the only place you can get those, and for a better price that the bids will end up coming to. Customers like options, and they don't like being lied to about having them.
By Steve_D
I guess I ought to weigh in again on this subject.

Matt and I have had quite a few private email discussions about store policies including this subject. With regard to selling plants to other dealers for resale, we decided that all wholesale orders should be prearranged by email, not by buying directly from the FlytrapStore.com website. So we have a policy stated at FlytrapStore.com that mentions this subject and that we might cancel orders placed at FlytrapStore.com by dealers who were only buying plants for resale.

Matt and I both believe however that if a customer buys a plant, it's theirs to do with as they wish. If they want to sell it, or divisions, that's their business, not ours. However, we do limit the quantity of some plants such as the 5-small-plant bundles (only one per order) and the "limited reserve plants" (only one per customer) to help deal with the issue of dealers wanting to buy relatively large quantities of the cheap 5-plant bundles and the rarer Venus Flytrap clones for resale. We are not really a wholesale supplier, although we don't mind acting like that from time to time on an individually-assessed basis. We believe that the limited-quantity policies also help to ensure that the plants are available to as many interested people as possible.

I hope all of this makes sense. :) We're not trying to be overbearing with all this and we thought about these things a lot before making any decisions. We're both fairly happy with the current business policies, which are stated on the webpage below, but we are also open to criticism and feedback.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/customer-service

-Steve
Steve_D, Steve_D, Steve_D and 3 others liked this
Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!