FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Hedonista
I’ve seen some of y’all on here saying that you are tough on your seedlings to encourage survival of the fittest. WELL, I saw your puny hardship challenges (no acclimation period? pfft, child’s play :twisted:), and I went ahead and took it a step further. This morning, my 11-day-old babies took part in their first Polar Plunge.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, a Polar Plunge is something we northerners like to do for fun in mid-winter. It basically just involves getting into a swimsuit and running into a cold body of water. While my babies didn’t jump into a lake, they were already sitting in water when I got the brilliant idea to take them outdoors to try to photograph them in better light. We spent about two minutes outside before I realized that it was 33F (0C). :shock:

Sooooo, I’ve either killed everything I got from the seed bank in January, or I’ll have the toughest little droseras north of the continental divide. :oops: :(
wcrosman liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!