FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By GardenNub
Ok so I went on a 5 week agriculture study internship in Kenya this summer. I was stationed at KARI (Kenya agricultural research institute) in Thika. I stayed there most of the time but was able to travel and see some other places such as the Masai Mara while I was there. Just wanted to share some of my photos from the trip so here they are. BTW it is beautiful in Kenya during our summer months. The whole time I was there it was around 70-75 during the day and 60s at night. Overcast the whole time so no sunburn but still very bright. No mosquito problems whatsoever since it was the dry season. We still used mosquito nets at night because there would be the occasional one buzzing around, but otherwise I never saw a mosquito the whole time i was there. And the plant life is just beautiful.

Actually walked across the edge of these falls. Was so awesome lol.

GardenNub, GardenNub liked this
By Darkrai283
You might need to keep yourself steady when taking photos to reduce camera shake! :lol:
Great photos GardenNub! I hope you enjoyed your trip there. My favourite pic is either the antelope, cheetah, the 'cow' herd, the 'rainbow bird' ( :lol: ), or the waterfall! I like how you used a bit of a longer shutter speed to make the water look 'misty'! :D
By PeatMoss
The one with the bluish bird in the foreground and the wilderbeast in the background is stunning!

You should try entering it into one of the Nat geo photo contests.

Looks like a really cool experience overall!
By GardenNub
Thanks for all the compliments! It really was amazing. Everyone there is really nice too. Its just a wonderful country.
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos. What species of bird is that? I don't think I've ever seen one before.
Its a Lilac-breatsed Roller bird (Coracias caudatus)
The one with the bluish bird in the foreground and the wilderbeast in the background is stunning!

You should try entering it into one of the Nat geo photo contests.

Looks like a really cool experience overall!
Thanks! Ill keep that in mind when the contest rolls around for 2012 :)
By GardenNub
Heres the same shot of the waterfall that someone put a better sky in for me.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!