FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Dooter
I'm wondering if anyone here has had any recent experience in ordering from petflytrap.com

I got an order confirmation from them as soon as I placed my order last week, and my credit card was immediately charged - but I haven't received a shipping confirmation email yet from them, and I can't seem to get ahold of them by calling their phone number...

???
By OR1ON
Lol i JUST bought an Akai Ryu from them like an hour ago. I got the confirmation right away too. Guess i'll have to wait and see what happens. It might depend on where u live. I think theyre somewhere in texas.
By Dooter
I bought the same thing, LOL. I ordered last Friday, and I live in AZ... Not too far away from TX...
By OR1ON
Haha thats pretty much the only place that had them in stock. In large size too. All the other places were out of stock or had only tiny ones. Im from CA so im a bit further than you are. Maybe it'll get there tomorrow or early next week.
By theflytrapboy
i have ordered. let me just say one thing that will sum it up for you: never ever doing it again.i suggest you revoke the order.
By OR1ON
Dang what happened? I was really looking forward to gettin my new VFT :/
By theflytrapboy
the rhizome was smashhed, the plant was in pieces, and the plant even looked like it was trashy before hand.
By Dooter
Oh no. :shock: That's terrible! I should have asked here before I placed my order.

I just wish there was some way to actually get AHOLD of the company - whenever I call, it says the mailbox is full. :roll:
By theflytrapboy
yeah. i actually feel more comfy buying from LOWES than that place. after all, one of my fav flytraps and sarrs are both from lowes! ( look at my 2 posts about them! and also it made a second flower stalk, but it broke off if you read the one about the flytrap. i need to control my fingers! i was pruning a dead leaf, snipped a bit too fast, off went the top.)
By Aging_Bourbon
Well, I've ordered some Nepenthes from there, seems pretty good. I mean packaging and shipping was really good. I would go blaming the shipper, but it may be the Postal service that's the problem.
By OR1ON
Hey Dooter any word on your shipment yet??
By Dooter
Nope, nothing! :cry:

It's not so much the wait that's bothering me, it's the lack of any communication by the seller that has me irritated.

I just hope - at this point - that the plant actually shows up, and in good shape.
By OR1ON
Dang that sucks. Have you tried emailing them also? If my shipment doesnt come in by friday im gonna start getting pretty upset too.
By OR1ON
Hey dooter i just received an e-mail from petflytrap.com saying that they have shipped my order. Have you received anything form them?
By Dooter
Well, my order finally arrived! Here's what showed up.

I've never ordered a VFT before from anywhere (or any kind of plant, for that matter), so I don't know what kind of condition it's supposed to show up in. She's a little bit blackened in places, but other than that, she looks good! The packaging was fantastic, I will say that.

I'm just happy she's finally here!
Attachments:
Mildred 003.JPG
Mildred 003.JPG (38.68 KiB) Viewed 4741 times
Traps curling after closing/eating

Hi! My name is Erika, and I’m a newbie when […]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!