FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By theflytrapboy
HEY LOOKS OKAY! not extremely healthy, but possible to bring back. congrats!
By Dooter
Yeah, I don't know that I'll be ordering from there again. The entire experience as a whole was mediocre, at best. :?
By Matt
Dooter wrote:The entire experience as a whole was mediocre, at best. :?
What was it exactly that you didn't like about it? I'd love to learn more from people that had average or below average experiences at other retailers so that I know what _not_ to do with the FlytrapStore :)

The plant definitely looks quite healthy and large, so I'm guessing it wasn't the plant itself that makes you say the entire experience was mediocre?
By Dooter
Matt wrote:What was it exactly that you didn't like about it? I'd love to learn more from people that had average or below average experiences at other retailers so that I know what _not_ to do with the FlytrapStore :)

The plant definitely looks quite healthy and large, so I'm guessing it wasn't the plant itself that makes you say the entire experience was mediocre?
Honestly, it was the lack of communication from the seller. After about a week, I still hadn't received a "shipped" confirmation email of any sort, so I started to wonder - especially since my credit card was charged right away as soon as I placed the order.

So I called - and the company's voicemail box was full, so I couldn't even leave a message. I tried every day until the plant actually arrived, and the VM box remained full. I also at one point sent an email inquiring about the status - no response.

And I don't know if it's normal to receive a VFT with leaves that are already black - I wasn't really expecting that. Like I said, I don't know if that's typical.

So all-in-all - it wasn't a horrible experience by any means, just not the best. :|
By Matt
Dooter wrote:Honestly, it was the lack of communication from the seller.
Ah, I understand that completely. Yes, lack of communication is very, very frustrating and can make for a bad experience.
Dooter wrote:And I don't know if it's normal to receive a VFT with leaves that are already black - I wasn't really expecting that. Like I said, I don't know if that's typical.
This time of year, it's not unusual at all because plants are just now coming out of dormancy so they don't look their best. I typically remove all black leaves from the plant, but keep any that have even a small bit of green on them because they can still perform photosynthesis. Perhaps that's what they did as well?
By Dooter
Matt wrote:This time of year, it's not unusual at all because plants are just now coming out of dormancy so they don't look their best. I typically remove all black leaves from the plant, but keep any that have even a small bit of green on them because they can still perform photosynthesis. Perhaps that's what they did as well?
Ah, I hadn't thought of that - that's probably the case, then. Yeah, because the leaves that AREN'T black are actually quite beautiful!
By OR1ON
Woohoo!!! i just got home from work and BAM! there was the package waiting for me!!!
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , We found a solution to add it to our[…]

Help with care for my VFT

The plant is in decline due to lack of light. It w[…]

How much water is too much water?

HOW MUCH WATER IS TOO MUCH WATER? Jr_overwatered_[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

So is morning sun better than afternoon sun? I h[…]

St. Patrick’s Beard

Hasn’t made a normal trap in FOREVERR, can f[…]

FTS Archangel

:P

Triton

Amazing as always, wish it had color though ;)

GJ Goliath

Let’s try this again.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!