FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
BEAUTIFUL PAPH!

Do you (Triffidtraps) know of any conditions that trigger flowering in Paphiopedilum. More often than not, mine grow beautifully and multiply readily, but never or almost never bloom. I once raised a shockingly full pot of a Paph hybrid that grew from one plant to many dozens of lush, leafy plant divisions in the same eventually overcrowded pot over a period of several years, and none of them ever bloomed. :( I traded it to another orchid grower; perhaps she had better success.
By Adelaide
Thats awesome, well done.
By Triffidtraps
Steve_D wrote:BEAUTIFUL PAPH!

Do you (Triffidtraps) know of any conditions that trigger flowering in Paphiopedilum. More often than not, mine grow beautifully and multiply readily, but never or almost never bloom. I once raised a shockingly full pot of a Paph hybrid that grew from one plant to many dozens of lush, leafy plant divisions in the same eventually overcrowded pot over a period of several years, and none of them ever bloomed. :( I traded it to another orchid grower; perhaps she had better success.
Yes it can be difficult to get them to flower as they tend to vary in conditions some need very good lighting to trigger flowering where others need a drop in temperature to trigger flowering there can be different factors depending on the particular paph and it's requirements.
Hi from FNQ.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi from MD!

Welcome to the forum!

Input on Neps placement

That sounds perfect. I've got to adjust my plants […]

While what is said above is true, I have a mini […]

Follow-up to my experiment done last fall. The […]

andynorth's Grow/want list

Not the actual plant. Just a pic of what Matt has.[…]

please and thank you :D

Trying My Hand With TC

Sweet. I will check them out.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!