FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hi guys!

So, I'm kind of concerned about two of my nepenthes due to their strange growth. Basically their growth seems to be getting smaller and smaller. Their media is moist at all times the temperature is around the mid eighties during the day and drops to around the mid seventies at night, although I have to use a small, oscillating fan that blows over them in order to achieve those lower day temps. Humidity is usually at 40% during the day and 60% at night. I'm just not sure what could be causing this. My other neps are growing just fine. ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
By tanqueray
I’m no expert, but I think your night time humidity could be higher. You can get away with lower day time humidity, but you gotta bump it up at night. Get a cheap aromatherapy mister and stick it next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By That one plant boi
tanqueray wrote:I’m no expert, but I think your night time humidity could be higher. You can get away with lower day time humidity, but you gotta bump it up at night. Get a cheap aromatherapy mister and stick it next to it.

I don't think the humidity is the problem though. My other news are thriving and going through some leaf jumps right now, and then there are these two. They were growing fine just weeks ago, and now they've started growing like this.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
By tanqueray
Ok, can’t really help then sorry. The leaves look a little burnt maybe, like they’re either in too much light, or have been watered in the daytime?

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!