FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By sanguinearocks101
I thought if this a while ago but finally decided to see what people think. I have a 3d printer and have been thinking about printing some seed protectors. Basically a plastic thing that the seed packet goes in. If it turns out that it works then I’ll try selling them. But before I test it I’d like to know if anyone’s interested in them and would buy one if they worked(I’d sell them for about $1.50)
By ChefDean
I remember our conversation about them, I still think it's a neat idea.
However, remember that the limit for a letter is 1/4 inch thick for everything; envelope and its contents. Otherwise it gets classified as a parcel with a minimum of about $3.50.
Good luck.
By evenwind
Assuming your idea works, how do you see it being used? Spitballing here. It would have to be fairly small so it could fit next to the folded SASE in the envelope, so as not to make the letter to Dean too thick, yes? How about this: Instead of buying one directly from you, you could leave a supply with Dean. If I didn't have one to include with my SASE, I'd send the money to you, inform Dean it's paid for and he could include a new one with the outgoing seeds. If I already had one, then I could ship it with my SASE and Dean could return it. More work for Dean but it could be a lifesaver for the larger seeds.
By sanguinearocks101
I would see it being used to protect sarracenia and dionaea seeds from being crushed in the mail theoretically creating no need for non-machinable stamps. I can’t fit my envelope completely unfolded inside the other, so I fold it in half and am left with a good amount of unused space.
By Apollyon
Something I did that worked was I ordered some small padded envelopes from Amazon for about 5 bucks or something. With the wrapping Dean did on the seeds and the small padded envelope, it survived the machine. Have more of them for if I choose to do Sarracenia or go for another batch of VFT seeds. The seed protector idea is cool though if it can be kept under 1/4 inch
By Panman
I use an A7 envelope which is an odd shape and by itself is unable to be machine canceled. The 70 cent stamp works great with it.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!