FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Deathdragon704
I got a new sundew and I put it in a pot and after a day, theres no dew! I may have pulled off some dew but maybe its in shock. Anyone have information? Thanks in advance.
By Lee
If you got it recently it could be adapting to New environment, also try raising humidity but most of all give it time

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2
By Sander
Yes, do not expect dew within a week after transport (if by mail system), and what lee said, humidity will aid the shock recovery to my experience (~80% rh)
By Deathdragon704
Thanks, I didnt get it from mail, I got it and put them in a pot, it hasnt rained, not much sun right now, but I think its the same, they probably are in shock, but otherwise, what you guy said. Any tips or information on growing them? Humidity, watering, how to water, light, etc.
By Lee
Humidity isn't much of a problem but I'd say around 30% as that's what i keep mine in and as for the rest I keep them in the same conditions as my vft

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2
By roarke
Deathdragon704 wrote:ny tips or information on growing them? Humidity, watering, how to water, light, etc.
I have about 80 and up humidity in my room and after i put some translucent cups over some plants, they have dew now, after 3 weeks, even if the humidity was already high. But when i have hot days, dew is gone, so, keep them under some translucent cups with some tiny holes, a week or so.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!