FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By bvalente
Matt wrote:
bvalente wrote:I am still debating about the blue though. I think the tan and green scheme could be a little gentler, plus it goes with the whole "plant scheme" of things. I do like this layout a lot better than the previous forums and this color scheme is an improvement over the other.
I've been thinking about the color scheme, thanks for the feedback on this Brian.

I too like the idea of green, and it's my favorite color to boot. But FlytrapCare has always had a blue-based color scheme. So has FlytrapStore. And I guess I've just grown accustomed to it and I am partial to keeping the base colors blue at this point.

Though, yesterday I did change the color of the blue in the forums to match that of the store. I also changed the background on everything else that was a light gray to a slightly darker shade of gray. I think it looks better than the original electric blue and light gray color scheme. What do you think?
The new layout I do like a lot better then the original, these color schemes are a lot easier on the eyes and makes managing through posts a lot easier too because your eyes aren't straining from the brightness nor the color similarity. I like it! :mrgreen:
bvalente liked this
By Maiden
I just surf the entire new full website. Pretty cool.

On the forum main page, it is possible to view the last updated threads/posts? Maybe im just blind ?
By Mephiles
Matt wrote:But FlytrapCare has always had a blue-based color scheme. So has FlytrapStore. And I guess I've just grown accustomed to it and I am partial to keeping the base colors blue at this point.
Couldn't agree more, blue relaxes me when I'm stressing about finding intel. on things like VFT dormancy temperature :lol:. Hate to sound picky, but I would really love to see just a smidgen of red title links here and there between the blue.
By xr280xr
I don't know if it's intentional, but I like that only picture titles are displayed in the quote template now.
Matt wrote:Thank you very much for all of the constructive feedback. It's much appreciated!
Glad to have a chance to try to help you instead of the other way around!
xr280xr liked this
By Matt
xr280xr wrote:I don't know if it's intentional, but I like that only picture titles are displayed in the quote template now.
It was a feature of the new template. I agree that it's an improvement!
xr280xr wrote:Glad to have a chance to try to help you instead of the other way around!
Hah, thanks :D
By Nancy
Matt wrote:
Nancy wrote:Ughhh......default was too hard on my lousy eye sight. :lol: TY Matt for posting how to "turn it back"! :D
:lol: You bet Nancy!

Any suggestions on how the new theme might be improved to be easier on your eye sight?
Well...the new look is all one color through out the table while the old look alternates between 2 shades of blue. For me the alternating shades of blue helps my eye travel down the page.
Oh heck Matt I wear bifocals and still can't see lol. :D
Nancy liked this
By xr280xr
roarke: The very top right of the whole page > the drop down list containing your username > View Your Posts
xr280xr, xr280xr liked this
By tommyr
The new look took me by surprise but it's not bad. I have no issues with it so far. The change isn't as bad as the one GardenWeb did! Hozza took that site over. Not sure I like it.
By Mufasa
Not a fan, waay too much contrast, and saturation, causing eye strain on my monitor, i think the color scheme needs some tweaking, but the layout is fine
i mocked this up, same design, just lower contrast, reduced saturation a bit
Mufasa liked this
By Matt
Mufasa wrote:Not a fan, waay too much contrast, and saturation, causing eye strain on my monitor, i think the color scheme needs some tweaking, but the layout is fine
i mocked this up, same design, just lower contrast, reduced saturation a bit
Thanks for working that up. I changed the color scheme to match that mockup.

Welcoming feedback for the new, less-saturated colors!

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!