FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By DanyulMac
So i went to my local garden centre and I’m a sucker for saving plants especially carnivorous, wasn’t much to choose from as its the UK and most places dont know how to care for them, most were black and crispy Image RIP but i did manage to pick up what seems to look like 3 healthy plants, 1 Nepenthes 1 butterwort unknown and the sundew in which im most concerned about, looks unhealthy to me dark in colour and many plants in 1 tiny pot, any help would be great on what to do next? Do i leave it till after winter to repot or do it now ? Thanks Image ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By King Drosophyllum VI
Nepenthes can be grown on a windowsill where it gets at least a few hours of sun. I have very little experience with Pinguicula so I can't give good info. I don't grow Drosera aliciae but I do know that Drosera like to be grown in the tray system and most species grow well in full sun. I don't know what causes sundew leaves to be dark colored. It might be a result of too little light or they might do this when the soil has fertilizer or the water has chemicals in it.
By thefic
The tray method works well.

Looks like it needs more sunlight, a good repotting, (a careful separation of the plants might be in order as well), and maybe some higher humidity to get the dew back.
By DanyulMac
thefic wrote:The tray method works well.

Looks like it needs more sunlight, a good repotting, (a careful separation of the plants might be in order as well), and maybe some higher humidity to get the dew back.
Oh great well im doing the tray method at the moment and im keeping the temp above 10 deg at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!