FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By sekler
Hey guys,

I received these guys in adding to a few VFTs (see my other post), I'm really ecstatic to watch them grow. The fun is just beginning with the spring knocking at the door.

Drosera Regia
This guy seems harder to grow than I would have thought, I'll have to be careful but most likely it's almost even trickier to care for than nepenthes...temperatures need to be low almost at all times which is very hard to achieve. We'll see, but it certainly is a cute plant :)

Nep Maxima
They look stunning, it has 3 growth points ! That means that it's essentially 3 plants right ?

Nep Maxima tuned up, I added LFS on top to retain moisture around

Growing season will be kickass :)
By jht-union
They look happy, we are amost entering the growing season, at least in here is already rising to the 76F and nights of 40F, that will change soon as we have a cold front coming :(

congrats!
By Steve_D
A Drosera regia! Great! They are so incredibly rare in nature (maybe only one small colony left in South Africa) that it's great to see them in cultivation. I hope that Matt and I will be able to propagate and offer D. regia at FlytrapStore.com so more people can enjoy this giant sundew, the "King Sundew." Great find; I hope it grows well for you. :)

(Oh, the nepenthes looks nice too.) :P
By sekler
Thanks !!
Steve, I guess so, that would be great. After all, the CP'ers make some species to still stay alive well and strong. Sad to see that some may as well only exist in homes and pots, life goes on though :)

The King is indeed an amazing plant :)
By sekler
Thought I should post updated pictures of my ceph too. I got it since last october.

The moss that you see grew on its own over the winter, kinda like the look of it, makes it look a bit more "nature-like" !

What do you think ?
By Steve_D
The Ceph looks like it's growing fine. They sometimes take a while before they start growing fast and putting out larger pitchers, but yours looks like it's forming lots of (small just for the time being) pitchers and growing crowns. At some point it will probably start growing very vigorously. Good looking Ceph. Thanks for posting the photos! :)
By sekler
Thanks Steve ! Hopefully I'm on the right way !
By victor
Nice plants overall!!!
By dantt99
The Cephalotus looks awesome! :D
By Gothic TRAPS
Awesome add-ons to your collection sekler :P !
Your Cephalotus clump definitely has a few crowns in there. Great growing!
Sure enough Spring can't come soon enough for everybody in the northern hemisphere ;) !
By dantt99
jht-union wrote:that will change soon as we have a cold front coming
I just noticed that, yeah! Lots of rain was here on Wednesday, and it's supposed to stay until Sunday or Monday. So it's raining now :lol:.
Steve_D wrote:I hope that Matt and I will be able to propagate and offer D. regia at FlytrapStore.com so more people can enjoy this giant sundew, the "King Sundew."
D. Regia is truly the "King Sundew!" The leaves grow up to 28 inches long and the plant is huge! Have fun with it sekler! :D
By sekler
H
Gothic TRAPS wrote:Awesome add-ons to your collection sekler :P !
Your Cephalotus clump definitely has a few crowns in there. Great growing!
Sure enough Spring can't come soon enough for everybody in the northern hemisphere ;) !
Thanks brother, I have counted approximately 40 pitchers in there and pretty much stopped after that. I have some room around in the pot to contain them as they will grow. Hopefully it will become a monster!

Thanks everyone for the good words. I couldn't have grown any of my cps without your advice and this website's information: )
By victor
Yeah IKR! It's like they're at the top of a hill or something.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!