FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Darkroom Denizen
My N. Miranda has some flowers going! I guess I must be doing something right :lol:

Now the question is what do I do about it? I kind of want to let it go just so I can see the flowers in person.
20210816_142641.jpg
20210816_142641.jpg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 2912 times
Also, if anyone knows the difference between male and female flowers, I'd love to be enlightened.
By That one plant boi
Awesome! I'm not to sure how the stalk will affect the plant (hopefully not the way flytrap stalks do), but your plant certainly does look happy.

This is a male, I believe. Male flowers are rounder, ball shaped little things, while female flowers tend to be more oval.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BugBiters liked this
By BugBiters
Beautiful flower! Males are round before they open, and females slightly elongated, so you have a dude (I think x Miranda is a single male clone). You can just let it do it's thing for aesthetics or you can save some pollen for someone with a female (it is worth noting that that hybrid is believed to have low fertility, but it's always worth a shot).
Darkroom Denizen liked this
By BugBiters
That one plant boi wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:40 pm Awesome! I'm not to sure how the stalk will affect the plant (hopefully not the way flytrap stalks do), but your plant certainly does look happy.

This is a male, I believe. Male flowers are rounder, ball shaped little things, while female flowers tend to be more oval.

It's my understanding that flowers can kill plants, but with a large healthy plant it's not super likely. Hopefully someone with more firsthand experience chimes in.
By Eventerminator
RIP, he'll probably never get laid in his whole life time :cry::cry::cry:. Reminds me of E. Woodii. I hope your plant keeps growing well!
By Darkroom Denizen
That one plant boi wrote:Awesome! I'm not to sure how the stalk will affect the plant (hopefully not the way flytrap stalks do), but your plant certainly does look happy.

BugBiters wrote:Beautiful flower! Males are round before they open, and females slightly elongated, so you have a dude (I think x Miranda is a single male clone). You can just let it do it's thing for aesthetics or you can save some pollen for someone with a female (it is worth noting that that hybrid is believed to have low fertility, but it's always worth a shot).
I was afraid that would be the case. Well at least I can enjoy the flowers. Maybe get some good pictures too.
Eventerminator wrote:RIP, he'll probably never get laid in his whole life time :cry::cry::cry:. Reminds me of E. Woodii. I hope your plant keeps growing well!
A plant can dream :cry:
Eventerminator liked this
Watering my Venus Flytrap

I rarely see white deposits on pots. I read on the[…]

Water Quality

So I tested my water using a aquarium strips and w[…]

I wonder if you could mix a small amount of the […]

I would only use a water trey for peat/perlite. LF[…]

Flytrap Growth

Nice pic!

Red meat viability claims

This is a good example of a “predatory&rdquo[…]

Dan V and ITS, I followed and bookmarked the links[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water stratif[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!