FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By DeaNyx420
Is my N. mirabilis var globosa getting light burned? I can't seem to find any information on the leaf colorings.

I received this plant Wednesday of this week so I've had it for a very short period of time. Could it possibly be just adjusting to my lights?

My current set up is T5HO 64000k x4, roughly 82°-85°f with, give or take, 45% humidity (our Winters are very dry, I do what I can with a warm humidifier) and a ceiling fan circulating the air on a medium setting.

Any and all help/advice is very much appreciated!
Thank you for your time.ImageThis is how it looked when I received it 2 days agoImageThis is how it looks as of 20 minutes ago

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
By Bluemoon
Looks like it. That plant also could benefit from being bagged to improve humidity - most lowlanders like viking are grown in high humidity, and being suddenly thrown into 45% RH will be a shock.
By DeaNyx420
I've contacted the seller and confirmed that my growing conditions are similar to his. He stated they might have been waterlogged from shipping and wouldn't recommend bagging them due to that. - that confused me because they felt very dehydrated by the time they had been received by me. Should I still bag them even though they were growing in similar conditions?

I proceeded to contact another fellow CP grower to get his opinion. He stated that his Viking turns from dark red to purple under his T5HO lights and I shouldn't worry.

Since the last pictures were post, both N. Viking and N. Hookeriana (received together from same seller) have continued to darken in color. However the growth points have shown movement on both plants. Hookeriana's growth point is also starting to turn red too meanwhile Viking's growth point remains a very pale color. The leaves seemed to have perked up considerable and don't feel as dehydrated as they did. - is it possible that they truly do change colors so drastically while remaining healthy?

On another note:

I also have a N. Ventrata that is growing new leaves and has plenty of nectur droplets all over but has no pitchers growing. Ive been assuming it due to lack of humidity.

Seeing as this is becoming a common issue for my collection, would they benefit from a reptile fogger vs just a regular humidifier?
ImageN. VikingImageN. HookerianaImageN. VikingImageN. Hookeriana

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!