FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By Mawy_Plants
To those who have contributed to the growth of my collection, sincerest of thank yous.

Dionaea muscipula
Typicals, seedlings
B52
Jaws
Akai Ryu
Purple Ambush
Korean Melody Shark
Bristletooth
Low Giant
Piranha x Sawtooth

Drosera
D. capensis typicals
D. capensis 'Red'
D. capensis 'Alba'
D. capensis 'Big Pink'
D. capensis 'Wide Leaf'
D. capensis 'Giant'
D. rotundifolia
D. binata
D. binata var. dichtoma - lc
D. binata 'Giant'
D. filiformis
D. nidiformis
D. spatulata
D. spatulata "Lovellae, AU" - sg
D. capillaris "Stump Sound, Pender County, NC"
D. intermedia "Stump Sound, Pender County, NC"
D. intermedia "Cuba" - sg
D. sessifolia - sg
D. burmannii 'All Green' - sg
D. burmannii 'Humpty Doo' -sg
D. scorpioides -gg
D. madagascariensis -sg
D. prolifera -lc
D. andromeda
D. affinis -lc
D. venusta -lc

Sarracenia
S. purpurea hybrids
S. 'Scarlet Belle'
S. "White March" x alata (sowed 12/26/2017)
S. alata x mitchelliana (sowed 12/26/2017)

Cephalotus follicularis
Typicals

Nepenthes
N. x ventrata
N. sanguinea
N. ventricosa

Utricularia
U. praelonga
U. subulata

Germinating
D. filiformis "All Red"
D. filiformis "Florida Red"
D. filiformis "Carolina Bay Old Dock"
D. tracyii
D. capillaris "Halscot, FL"
P. pumila "Texas"
S. rubra x oreophila (06/01/2018)
S. purpurea ssp. venosa "Reedy Creek, Caroline County, VA" (sowed 06/01/2018)

Cold Stratification
S. minor var. okefenokeensis, Giant. North Georgia (07/21/2018)
(S. oreophila Sand Mountain X minor Coppertop) X Purple Lips (07/21/2018)

On the lookout for...
Utricularia [terrestrial]

Key
Seed grown -sg
Leaf cutting -lc
Gemmae grown -gg
Last edited by Mawy_Plants on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:21 am, edited 11 times in total.
By Mawy_Plants
You got that right, Mouthstofeed! I've see other lists and "Whoa, epic..." Literally. Haha.

As you can see I only began early June of this year. Just kicking it with my two typicals for the longest time. My second typical actually had 9 divisions so during repotting I placed them in 5 different cups. Made it feel like I had 6 plants! :mrgreen:

Then one day in September I decided it was time to give them some friends and I dove into the deep end getting CPs of different Genera thus ranging requirements. I figure get through dormancy/winter and learn each plants' preferences before really growing my collection. I don't want to lose any in the process of getting more. What kinda mother would I be?!
*I'd like to note I'm still very much so open to winning giveaways of any CP tho! :roll: *

I'm going to look for your list now, I better be impressed! :lol:
By mouthstofeed
i started with one vft in 2016. i really didn't do too good with it, but it survived somehow.

i think you are better off learning by doing in this case. maybe it's just me but you're gonna kill a lot of plants when you just start up. this year i killed: four pitcher plants, a bunch of venus fly traps, the drosera adelae (small and giant) i transplanted into salty coco peat soil, during the height of summer, the capensis giant seedlings fishman sent me, which i had transplanted into the bad coco peat before realizing how terrible it was, most of the seeds i tried to germinate, three pinguiculas, and a capensis i almost nearly dried out and i don't know if will survive.

i haven't written up my list but i guess here is as good as anywhere.

VFT - typical, B52, King Henry, DC-XL, Royal Red
Sarracenia - Ladies in Waiting, Abandoned Hope, Green Monster, Mardi Gras, Minor
Nepenthes - Sanguina, Ventricosa
Drosera - Adelae (small and giant), prolifera, Binata extrema, regia, intermedia

Also I am growing successfully some seedlings finally. Capensis, burmanii, and finlaysonia
By KategoricalKarnivore
mouthstofeed wrote: i think you are better off learning by doing in this case. maybe it's just me but you're gonna kill a lot of plants when you just start up. this year i killed: four pitcher plants, a bunch of venus fly traps, the drosera adelae (small and giant) i transplanted into salty coco peat soil, during the height of summer, the capensis giant seedlings fishman sent me, which i had transplanted into the bad coco peat before realizing how terrible it was, most of the seeds i tried to germinate, three pinguiculas, and a capensis i almost nearly dried out and i don't know if will survive.

WOW!!! That’s a pretty harsh learning curve. Maybe you should spend more time going over this site and other sites learning how to care for your plants correctly. The only plants I’ve ever lost were little seedlings to damp off and some Pygmy sundews to fungus gnats. And of course plants that only live for one season. If you research before you get a plant you will have a better chance of keeping it healthy.
By mouthstofeed
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:
mouthstofeed wrote: i think you are better off learning by doing in this case. maybe it's just me but you're gonna kill a lot of plants when you just start up. this year i killed: four pitcher plants, a bunch of venus fly traps, the drosera adelae (small and giant) i transplanted into salty coco peat soil, during the height of summer, the capensis giant seedlings fishman sent me, which i had transplanted into the bad coco peat before realizing how terrible it was, most of the seeds i tried to germinate, three pinguiculas, and a capensis i almost nearly dried out and i don't know if will survive.

WOW!!! That’s a pretty harsh learning curve. Maybe you should spend more time going over this site and other sites learning how to care for your plants correctly. The only plants I’ve ever lost were little seedlings to damp off and some Pygmy sundews to fungus gnats. And of course plants that only live for one season. If you research before you get a plant you will have a better chance of keeping it healthy.
a lot wasn't my fault. some plants came sick from the store. others were the victim of accidental bad soil or bad water. others just couldn't take the extreme south texas heat. these were the failures. i have many successes.
By KategoricalKarnivore
That “accidental” bad soil and water is what I’m talking about. You wouldn’t have made that mistake with a little research.
By mouthstofeed
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:That “accidental” bad soil and water is what I’m talking about. You wouldn’t have made that mistake with a little research.
you don't know the specifics, so you shouldn't be talking.
By Mawy_Plants
And there goes my grow list...

That's quite unfortunate, Mouthstofeed. I have been quite successful with my plants thus far. As KategoricalKarivore mentioned, research helps. I enjoy researching so I went ahead and got a range of Genera once I felt comfortable enough to grow that plant. Or when I did splurge, I waited to do anything drastic to them until I read up on it and/ or inquired from other growers. Although, sometimes it is best to learn by experience.

Anyway, sending my wishes to all the plants. May they live happy and healthy!
By KategoricalKarnivore
mouthstofeed wrote: you don't know the specifics, so you shouldn't be talking.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha two words: Public Forum

Sorry for the hijack Mawy.
By Mawy_Plants
Lol, no worries. Who doesn't enjoy a debate now and then? Btw, Kategorical, wicked collection you got there. I'm going to lurk later to find some pics! Haha
Mawy_Plants liked this
By KategoricalKarnivore
You’re off to a nice start yourself. I’ve only been growing since August of last year so you can see how fast this hobby can snowball.
By Volmen
Whaha I got one typical vft! :3 and 36 unborn baby’s!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Mawy_Plants
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:You’re off to a nice start yourself. I’ve only been growing since August of last year so you can see how fast this hobby can snowball.
Thanks! Yeah, I didn't think I'd have this many so quickly. I'm really happy with all of them tho. It's fun learning about each plant and seeing them thrive in proper conditions. The majority of my collection is outdoors and in full sun. In this past week tho, I've made a mini greenhouse outside for the more tropical inclined. I am quite interested in creating a controlled setup eventually as with a mini bog or even a bog garden. Lol. It's so addicting!

Anyway, we have a buuuunchh of orchids so I'll be tackling them before getting more CPs as per request by my dad. Plus it will give me something to do until spring!
Volmen wrote:Whaha I got one typical vft! :3 and 36 unborn baby’s!!
That's wicked! I have yet to grow Dionaea from seed. Soon enough! You can check out our SeedBank and grow other CPs from seed. I've gotten a couple packets. My D. capensis are quite tiny, but they're still alive and chugging.
By Volmen
Mawy_Plants wrote:
Volmen wrote:Whaha I got one typical vft! :3 and 36 unborn baby’s!!
That's wicked! I have yet to grow Dionaea from seed. Soon enough! You can check out our SeedBank and grow other CPs from seed. I've gotten a couple packets. My D. capensis are quite tiny, but they're still alive and chugging.
Thx, i really would love to grow other cp but I’m not sure how the Seedbank works! I read the forums for it but I got confused lol. also I didn’t feel like I had contributed enough to the community yet to start asking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!