FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By DesertLlama
I'm currently growing a Drosera capensis "Big Pink" on a 3ft shelf in front of a southern window with some Nepenthes. I'm hoping to fill up this space with some pots of pings and/or clumping sundews like spatulata or aliciae. Any other recommendations for easy growing clumpers would be greatly appreciated! I'm in Phoenix so windows can get a little toasty here in the summer.

Right now, the sunlight in my south window is great (~6 hours a day) despite living next to a mountain to the east that cuts down on morning light. Come summer, I expect hours of direct sunlight to go down significantly as the sun is directly overhead come noon time in addition to the mountain blocking some morning sun. I don't know how much of an issue this will be so I decided to look into supplemental LED light sources. From what I understand with fluorescent tubes, you want maximum color temperature (6000-6500K) to get the most blue light for vegetative growth? Is it still the same rule with LEDs? Also does anyone have recommendations for 2-3ft tubes/fixtures they like using? Trying to keep my budget under $50-60.

Thank you!
Watering my Venus Flytrap

I rarely see white deposits on pots. I read on t[…]

Water Quality

So I tested my water using a aquarium strips and w[…]

I wonder if you could mix a small amount of the […]

I would only use a water trey for peat/perlite. LF[…]

Flytrap Growth

Nice pic!

Red meat viability claims

This is a good example of a “predatory&rdquo[…]

Dan V and ITS, I followed and bookmarked the links[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water stratif[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!