FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By StephenB200+
This Nepenthes Diane was delivered about a month ago during a cold snap, the heat pack pooped out 2 days prior delivery (which was several days late). All the other plants from the shipment are fine but I think this one has leaf spot disease.

Numerous sites recommend removing the infected leaves.
I treated it with Bio 3 in 1 which claims to treat leaf spot.
Would you folks cut off the infected leaves? I hesitate being that it went through a fair amount of trama?
Attachments:
IMG_1996.jpeg
IMG_1996.jpeg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 342 times
By andynorth
Is that a St. Gaya? If it is mine had an issue with most all the leaves and pitchers discoloring and then dying off on me. I cut it back except for what was not affected and bagged it up. It has been that way for close to 2 months and is actually showing signs of recovering now. It is the only Nep I have left as my others died and I decided against replacing them.
StephenB200+ liked this
By StephenB200+
andynorth wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:16 pm Is that a St. Gaya? If it is mine had an issue with most all the leaves and pitchers discoloring and then dying off on me. I cut it back except for what was not affected and bagged it up. It has been that way for close to 2 months and is actually showing signs of recovering now. It is the only Nep I have left as my others died and I decided against replacing them.
Oh man, that’s a bummer. This is a hybrid called Diana. I think maybe the hybrid thing is very tricky. I am having good luck with a few highland pure bred and California Carnivore hybrids. Two of my other hybrids are troubled though. They seem to be more susceptible to blights.
Got these for trade or sale!

Holy crap I thought those were real. I'll have to […]

Sphagnum moss for Nepenthes

Head to Lowe's, get Gubler's or BetterGrower LFSM.

All mineral mix for Darlingtonia?

Just curious if anyone on here has ever tried an a[…]

received a few days ago

andynorth's Grow/want list

My newest to add to my Flytrap collection. I am do[…]

Forgot to mention I mailed the sase a few days ago

Signs of life

I know everyone has seen sundew seedlings before, […]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!