FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
He's in TN. If you look next to his username, it shows some info on him (location, age).
By KategoricalKarnivore
Thanks. For some reason the location is blank on everyone for me.
By Sundews69
Oh, that's weird. Even on mine? I know I have my location there.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Yep. No location for anyone.
By ChefDean
KategoricalKarnivore wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:57 pm Where do you live Chef? I’ve forgotten over the years. I use Gambusia (mosquito fish) in my water table for mosquito control. Hopefully you live somewhere they are native and can go net a few out of your nearest ditch. That’s what I do. They work great and multiply like crazy.
I could probably do this, they are native to my area, but it's more of the experimental stage right now. The tray is only 32x32x2, so I don't think the fish would be very happy and might not last long.
Definite possibility in the future if I expand to a bigger basin.
By ChefDean
Bumping this to see if anyone has any Aldrovanda they could part with. I've found it online, but for crazy shipping rates. Also interested in Utricularia inflata.
By Intheswamp
KategoricalKarnivore wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:09 pm Yep. No location for anyone.
Interesting. I see most everyone else's location but I do not see yours. Do you have your location entered in your profile? If not, I wonder if it's a "if you don't share your location information you can't see others' locations" type of thing.

Best wishes on your search ChefDean! The gambusia can survive in low oxygen and high heat waters. Though they can help with mosquitoes they can cause a negative impact on local ecosystems, though. So, divulging one's self of this fish shouldn't be dumping them into local waters other than a stagnant waterhole that has no danger of getting into local streams. :)
thepitchergrower liked this
By Sundews69
Intheswamp wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:38 pm
KategoricalKarnivore wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:09 pm Yep. No location for anyone.
Interesting. I see most everyone else's location but I do not see yours. Do you have your location entered in your profile? If not, I wonder if it's a "if you don't share your location information you can't see others' locations" type of thing.

Best wishes on your search ChefDean! The gambusia can survive in low oxygen and high heat waters. Though they can help with mosquitoes they can cause a negative impact on local ecosystems, though. So, divulging one's self of this fish shouldn't be dumping them into local waters other than a stagnant waterhole that has no danger of getting into local streams. :)
I found that on a phone or small tablet, the location doesn't show. IT must be to big for the screen. Try using a computer or large tablet/iPad.

Sorry Chef! I would give you some if I had it.
By Shore_Fancy_Nursery
ChefDean wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:50 pm I'm trying a new, shallow pan method for my Sarrs so they're not restricted by the shelves on the rack, but I anticipate a mosquito issue. I have mosquito dunks, but they don't seem to work very well for me. Maybe Aldrovanda will keep them under control.
How did your waterwheels work out? I want one so bad
By Sundews69
He still doesn't have them yet
By NightRaider
Shore_Fancy_Nursery wrote:I'm very seriously considering the 50 for $50 package
That really wouldn't be the worst idea if you wanted to resell a few to some of the people in this thread, since shipping would only be like $8 for us and you could recoup some of the cost. I'd probably buy a few off you, at least.
By Shore_Fancy_Nursery
I'm only concerned about how big are they when they come and will I be able to house the leftovers. My set up is pretty small at the moment. I could expand by fall but not yet. I read they get up to 16 inches.

I also heard that you should let the peat rest in the habitat for a year before adding the plants. I for sure don't have that kind of patience.

I imagine shipping is so expensive because you have to find a watertight way to ship them?
By Shore_Fancy_Nursery
But I keep going back and looking at them
I'm probably going to end up doing it. I hope I don't end up regretting it lol

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!