FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Plexi System
All of the traps on my Venus Flytrap are closed, and some of the smaller ones have turned black, and I have removed them. The traps have not opened up for a few days. I also know that for it to photosynthesise, it has to have some of the traps open. I give it plenty of light, and water. Another note, thought it may not be very helpful, my room is the opposite of humid. Also, I bought it from a grocery store for literally 5 dollars. I'm really worried, please help!
By Greenthumbs Garden
Hey Plexi, it's hard to tell without a photo. Venus Flytraps are not good house plants, unlike an orchid that you can stick in a bright indirect light window and it will love you forever. Venus flytraps need strong direct light and do better outside. Also they don't like to be sat in water, its not good to have them over wet but just keep the soil moist. Also, the water should be mineral-free. I know all the store flytraps say none of this on their care card. Humidity won't be a big factor. How long have you had the plant? and what water have you been using?
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!