FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By GranolaEyy
Hi, I am a newbie when it comes to growing plants and am trying to raise two pitcher plants. I am getting worried about one of my plants because it seems a little discolored / sad.

It currently has only one pitcher on it and the other pitchers on the end of the leaves seem to have stopped growing. It was doing pretty well last year before the summer, but all of a sudden seemed to slow down it’s rare of growth.

I water it with purified water every morning and keep it under a roof to make sure it doesn’t get too much direct sunlight, but I am scared that it might be dying.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get it growing again. I know that these plants slow down growth during autumn, but I’m a little worried.
Plant in question is to the right
Plant in question is to the right
72B1B9D8-E7CA-4EA4-9BC0-2A648AA3947D.jpeg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 3030 times
By optique
light looks ok, if it was to much it would turn red to reflect red light. just give it a stable environment and it will take off sooner or later.

see how the leaves of mine are slightly tanning reddish
By GranolaEyy
Is it natural that one plant is significantly shorter than the other? Also the baby pitchers at the end leaves seem to have a bottleneck in the parts leading to where the pitcher would sprout. Is that normal? Or does it mean something?
Attachments:
1795F476-25FB-4DFE-8A16-BAE4671B0E8A.jpeg
1795F476-25FB-4DFE-8A16-BAE4671B0E8A.jpeg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 2976 times
By optique
the last pic u posted is a dried tip, Its done no pitcher can grow from that leaf now. My advice is time water and stable conditions aka don't move it. The one i posted above is potted in cheap coco-peat stuff holds very little water, I have to water it twice on a hot day.

If you are in a very low humidity area you could mist the tips to help. I find it faster to use a small cup and dunk tips myself.

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!